Saturday, January 25, 2014

Denis Matsuev Recital Postponed

Carnegie Hall's website has posted an announcement that the recital by pianist Denis Matsuev - originally scheduled for this Thursday, January 30th at Stern Auditorium - has been rescheduled to Sunday, June 15, 2014 due to illness.  Although I hold a ticket to this event, I have not yet received any direct notification from Carnegie Hall itself regarding this change.

I first saw Mr. Matsuev in October when he performed the Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 3 with the Mariinsky Orchestra conducted by Valery Gergiev and was very favorably impressed by his performance.  I posted my comments at that time.  I had been looking forward to Thursday's recital primarily because Mr. Matsuev would again be playing Rachmaninoff's music, most notably the Piano Sonata No. 2 in B flat.  Now I'll look forward to hearing the piece performed in June instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment