Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Adobe Announces Firefly


I received an email yesterday from Adobe Stock announcing the beta version of Firefly, it's new app for authoring AI-generated content.  Glancing at the images shown at the above link, I don't really see much here. other than text effects and vector recolors, that isn't already offered in other more established AI-generating apps.  In fact, the text-to-image examples shown seem a bit cartoonish, especially when compared with the lifelike renderings that can be achieved with Midjourney.  Most noticeably, there is no text-to-video option which is what I think everyone is most interested in right now after the recent announcement of Gen-2 by RunwayML (though of course for stock image purposes Adobe would naturally be more interested in stills).  Nevertheless, I requested access from Adobe and will experiment with the beta version once my request has been granted; I will then post the results here.

No comments:

Post a Comment