Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Stable AI Announces New Apps

 
Stability AI, the company that brought out the enormously popular AI image generator Stable Diffusion, announced in an email I received today three new apps available for public use - Deep Floyd IF, Stable LM, and Stable Vicuna.  Of the three it was only the first, another text-to-image generator, that was of particular interest to me.

When I experimented with using Deep Floyd I found the results very similar to those I've obtained using Stable Diffusion, including the advanced options settings.  The biggest improvement I can see is the ability to modestly upscale images, though this was of course always possible using a third-party app such as Topaz Labs' Gigapixel.  At any rate, I'll keep working with Deep Floyd and see what comes of it.  Right now, at least, there fortunately seems to be almost no queue to delay me when entering prompts.

No comments:

Post a Comment