This summer in Central Park there will once again be free outdoor classical music concerts at the Naumburg Bandshell. It's a series that features top level orchestras as well as lesser known ensembles performing selections that range from the classical to the avant garde in a fairly intimate setting near Bethseda Fountain. This summer's schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, June 12th - Ensemble LPR
- Tuesday, June 26th - Orpheus Chamber Orchestra
- Tuesday, July 10th - A Far Cry
- Tuesday, July 17th - The Knights
- Tuesday, July 31st - Orchestra of St. Luke's
As mentioned, all concerts are free and no tickets are required. They begin at 7:30, weather permitting, and last approximately two hours. Most, if not all, will doubtlessly be broadcast live on New York City's classical music station WQXR.
Detailed program information can be found on the Naumburg website.