Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Blackmagic Announces New Pocket Cinema Camera

Blackmagic Design has announced the release of its new Pocket Cinema Camera 6K G2 that's now available for preorder at B&H.  According to the specs contained in B&H's recent email, the camera has a Super 35 HDR sensor, a tilting 5" LCD touchscreen, and native 400 and 3200 ISO.  It records 6K video up to 50fps and windowed 2.8K up to 120fps.  The lens mount is the Canon EF.  It also supports an optional battery grip and optional EVF.  The price for body alone is $1,995.

I'm unfortunately not sufficiently familiar with professional video equipment to offer an opinion on the camera.  When shooting video, which is not my primary interest, I either use my Lumix G9 or my GoPro Hero 9 and have found those sufficient for my needs at present.  If I were to move up, it would most likely be to the Lumix GH6.

No comments:

Post a Comment