Monday, October 2, 2023

Adobe Firefly

As I'm always interested in experimenting with new AI imaging apps, I recently turned to Firefly after having received an email from Adobe last week inviting me to try out the newest version.  I had actually taken a look at the app when it had first been announced by Adobe several months ago and had not been particularly impressed by what I had seen.  (See my March 23 post.)  The text-to-image results I obtained today, though, were far superior to what I had seen earlier in that they were much more photo realistic.

In addition to text-to-imaging capabilities, Firefly has several intriguing new features - generative fill, text effects, generative recolor, sketch-to-image, and 3D-to-image - and has several more in the works, including personalized results, text-to-vector, text-to pattern, text-to-brush, extend image, and text-to-template.  I haven't yet tried any of these myself but they certainly appear promising.

As far as the text-to-imaging results I obtained on my latest try, and with which I was fairly well pleased, I am posting a few samples below.  (Note that all the human figures generated by Firefly were minority members even though I had not requested this.)  As a prompt, I used text generated by ChatGPT originally intended for use in another AI imaging app.  The prompt reads as follows:
"In the dystopian metropolis of NeoCity, a weathered and weary replicant, known only as X42, finds solace in recounting its extraordinary experiences to a disenchanted group of rebels. Its voice resonates with both longing and resignation as it speaks: 'I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.'"
Whatever its literary merits, the prompt successfully gave me the cyberpunk vibe which I was seeking.

As I was downloading the images generated by Firefly, I noticed that for each a label appeared that read: "content credentials applied."  I then clicked the Learn More button to discover exactly what Adobe meant by "content credentials."



No comments:

Post a Comment