Saturday, October 8, 2022

DxO Announces PhotoLab 6 and Viewpoint 4

 
Earlier this week DxO announced new versions of its RAW processor PhotoLab and its perspective adjustment app Viewpoint.  As I already own the previous versions of both apps I did some research to determine if it would be worthwhile to upgrade.  Unfortunately, in both cases there seem to be no major new features, only refinements of existing tools.  The most important of these would appear to be PhotoLab's DeepPRIME XD, an improved version of PhotoLab 5's DeepPRIME demosaicing noise removal tool.

I may eventually upgrade to PhotoLab 6 simply to have the latest version of the software as it continues to be my preferred RAW processor and therefore extremely important to my workflow.  As for Viewpoint, however, I will probably pass on the upgrade.  While it's undeniably useful to have a tool at hand that will expertly correct perspective and distortion, it's quite honestly not an app I use very often; I feel I can make do perfectly well with the earlier version already installed on my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment