Monday, May 2, 2022

On1 Releases Resize AI Update


As a purchaser of the 2022 On1 plug-in bundle, I was given a free upgrade to the new On1 Resize AI that was released this past week.  I've yet to experiment with the software but if it performs as well as On1 claims on its website it will almost certainly replace Topaz Labs' Gigapixel as my default enlargement software, all the more so as I am no longer entitled to free upgrades to Gigapixel.  I do not regularly print my digital photos and so am not often in need of extreme enlargements, but I do like to  have the capability of creating them when necessary.  In coming weeks I will be doing side by side comparisons of the two apps to determine which is actually the better product.  In the meantime, for those deliberating between them, I'd point out that all else being equal Resize AI is definitely the more cost effective option as I purchased the entire On1 plug-in bundle on sale late last year for only $89.95 while the full price for Gigapixel alone is currently $99.99.

It's interesting to note that almost all the other apps in the On1 plug-in bundle - including Portrait, Effects, HDR, and No Noise - have also been updated since my original purchase, but none have been given the big rollout accorded Resize.  From that I'd infer On1 considers it for all practical purposes an entirely new app due to its AI capabilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment