Saturday, September 23, 2023

Leonardo AI Free Trial Offer

I received an email earlier this week from Leonardo AI offering an opportunity to participate in a free five-day trial of its Alchemy tool (currently in beta) and its new AI model PhotoReal.  It's an offer I'm definitely going to take advantage of - I've only held off up to now because I wanted to be able to put aside sufficient time to experiment - and will probably do so in the next few days.  While Midjourney may still be the leader when it comes to AI imaging apps, others are fast closing the gap.  I had a brief taste of Alchemy as a freebie when I first set up an account on Leonardo and was impressed by how greatly it improved image quality even when using the same text prompt.  I'm hopeful that PhotoReal will bring me even closer to Midjourney-level results.  If it does I'm almost certain to set up a paid account next month after I've gotten some important personal business out of the way.

The same email that announced the free trial also announced a contest on social media in which participants "Blend two unlikely subjects in spectacular fashion!" by using Alchemy or PhotoReal to "create a masterpiece of fusion."  The grand prize will be a huge 30,000 tokens.  To put that in perspective, I only receive 150 tokens per day on the free level to which I currently belong.

I don't know if I'm going to bother taking part in the contest, but hopefully I will be able to post here in coming days images I've obtained using Alchemy and PhotoReal.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment