Thursday, September 15, 2022

GoPro Announces Hero 11

I received an email from B&H yesterday announcing the that the new GoPro Hero 11 is now available for preorder and detailing the camera's specs.  

If the image above looks familiar it's because the new camera looks almost exactly the same as the Hero 10 and my own Hero 9.  And when one studies the specs it becomes even more apparent that there are no revolutionary changes, only improvements and refinements.  The most important of these is the new 27mp sensor, improved image stabilization, optional 8 or 10-bit color, and a HyperView ultra-wide digital lens that "optimizes the 8:7 sensor image to a cinematic 16:9 aspect ratio."

As far as I'm concerned, just as last year, there's not really enough here to make me want to upgrade from my Hero 9.  It's nice to know, though, that if I should change my mind and go for the upgrade all my Hero 9 accessories, at least as far as I can see, will still work with the Hero 11.

GoPro has also introduced the Hero 11 Mini that, as far as I can tell, is intended primarily for those who wish to attach the camera to helmets or other devices.  For most, the normal size Hero 11 will be small enough to fill their needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment