Wednesday, September 7, 2022

On 1 Announces Photo Raw 2023

 

I received an email from On 1 yesterday announcing that the newest version of its RAW processor, Photo RAW 2023, will be released in October.  I had purchased the 2022 version of the company's plug-ins late last year and so as a current user have regularly been receiving "sneak peek" emails with videos demonstrating the app's new features and I have to admit they're interesting enough to entice me to purchase the upgrade.  In particular, I was intrigued by the sharpening/noise removal tool and the masking and selection tools, not to mention the Liquify tool already included in the 2022 version.  The videos themselves, or at least those released so far, can be viewed on the app's What's New page.  And then there's the promise of 125 new skies available through On 1's partnership with Ocudrone.

The last version of Photo RAW I purchased was the 2019, but I wasn't particularly thrilled by it.  It was one of those apps that looked better on paper than it proved to be in actual use.  And even now I will most likely continue to use DxO PhotoLab 5 as my default RAW processor, especially as I have no real need of Photo RAW's cataloging features.  Still there's more than enough in Photo RAW to make it worth the purchase price.

Photo RAW 2023 is currently available for preorder, and the offer includes a number of bonuses including the use of the 2022 version until 2023 is actually released.  In addition, two packs of adaptive presets (landscape and portrait) as well as a Mask AI video course will be given to those who preorder.  The cost for new users is $99.99 while the upgrade is priced at $79.99.  There are also subscription models available.

No comments:

Post a Comment