Saturday, August 13, 2022

Create NYC "Postponed"

 

I received an email yesterday announcing that Create NYC, the planned successor to the pre-pandemic Photo Expos that had been held annually at the Javits Center in Manhattan, has been "postponed" until next year.  I can't say this comes as any surprise.  I had already made up my mind not to attend myself after the outrageous ticket prices - $150 for a one-day pass! - had been announced last month and had had difficulty imagining where the sponsors hoped to find anyone willing to travel to Brooklyn for an event that could most kindly be described as "low key."  The fact that no camera manufacturers or imaging companies, or at least none who had been announced, would be on hand to show off their newest products as they had at the Photo Expos only made a bad situation worse.

If the event sponsors hope to return in 2023 as they have promised, I believe their best bet is to return to the tried and true format that served them so well in the past and plan to once again hold an old school Photo Expo at the Javits Center. 

No comments:

Post a Comment