Monday, November 14, 2022

Nikon DX 50-250mm Lens

I purchased from B&H last week the Nikon DX 50-250mm lens (equiv. 75-375) and thought it a great add-on for my Zfc at a bargain price of only $376.95.  Though the price is low, Nikon didn't stint on features.  As mentioned on the B&H website, the lens features not only vibration reduction, but also an extra-low dispersion element and superior coating.  When using the lens, I found its autofocus to be superfast with no noticeable lag.  For an APS-C format lens it also provides excellent bokeh effects.

The lens came with a free Chiaro Pro 62mm 98-UVATS UV filter.  Normally, I'm leery of using low cost filters as they almost always degrade image quality and are apt to freeze on the lens, but I thought this one better than most.

One crazy problem I had with the lens that's worth mentioning is that when I took it out of the box I found the rear lens cap was frozen in place and impossible to remove.  Not wanting to use force and possibly damage the lens, I took it back to B&H and showed it to the Nikon rep who works the company's display kiosk.  He was  really great and went out of his way to solve the problem.  Even so, once I returned home I replaced the lens cap with the one that came with my 16-50 kit lens and now only keep the the cap loosely placed when the lens is not actually attached to the camera.  Hopefully, that will keep the problem from recurring.

No comments:

Post a Comment