Monday, November 28, 2022

Stable Diffusion 2.0


Stability AI has announced the release of a new version of its AI imaging app, Stable Diffusion.  While the new version promises better image quality, it also has removed the ability to request images in the style of well known artists, a huge setback for those seeking continuity in the app's output.

While composing this post, I tested the demo model and was first told I was 15th in a queue of 15.  Ten minutes later I was still at the same spot.  Suspecting the app might have frozen since the length of the queue had not changed, I refreshed the web page and tried again.  This time I was 33rd in a queue of 33 and am still at that same position as I write this, leading me to the obvious conclusion that there are bugs in the app that need to be resolved.  (It may simply be that the online app has been so flooded with service requests that it is unable to process them.)  Once the problem has been fixed I will experiment to determine how greatly the results from the new version differ from that obtained under the old when using the same text prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment