Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Problem with Clever Photographer Landscape Overlays Bundle


As I reported in a recent post, I experienced an annoying problem with a Landscape Overlay Bundle I had purchased from Clever Photographer and had attempted to install in On 1 Photo RAW 2023.  Very briefly, when I had attempted to import several of the overlay categories into the On 1 app through Manage Extras in the File menu the app had abruptly shut down without importing any files.  After a certain amount of back and forth with On 1's tech support people who really went far out of their way to be helpful I learned the problem was that certain overlays had been saved by Clever Photographer in CMYK color mode rather than RGB and it was this that was causing the shut down.

I subsequently contacted Clever Photographer and received soon after a reply from the company's Customer Service Manager addressing my problem.  The email stated that no one had previously reported such a problem (perhaps because the most recent version of Photo RAW was only released a few months ago) and kindly offered to convert the problem files to RGB for me.  By then I had already done the necessary conversions myself in Photoshop but was nevertheless grateful for the offer.

In general, I found the two Clever Photographer bundles I've purchased to date (the other was the Luminar Neo Power Bundle) to be good values for the price and have been heartened sufficiently by the Customer Service Manager's response that I will continue to do business with the company in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment