Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Coloromo

When on Facebook recently I saw a link to a new AI imaging app called Coloromo that allowed one to upload an image on which the app would then at no charge generate a number of watermarked thumbnail-size variations.  The user was then given the opportunity to purchase larger non-watermarked copies of these same variations (though there was nothing to stop a user from cropping out the watermark and enlarging the resulting image in an app such as Topaz Labs' Gigapixel).

I gave Coloromo a try and got back, among others, two variations on my avatar.  I noticed immediately that the styles of all the variations I received were suspiciously similar to those generated by the AI ReMix filter in Topaz Labs' Studio 2.  I don't know if this is coincidence or it the creators of Coloromo reverse engineered the Topaz Labs' filter, but in any case I see no further need to use Coloromo when I can get the same results much more easily in Studio 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment