Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Warning on Adorama Camera

 

I just wanted to give everyone a warning on doing business with Adorama Camera in NYC where I've just had a very unpleasant shopping experience.

Briefly, I went into the Adorama store on West 18th Street on Monday to purchase a Rode tripod that the company's website had listed as "in stock."  When I arrived at the store the salesman told me that although the item was in stock, it was not in stock at the store and that there would be a wait to either have it delivered or picked up.  Since I was already on the premises I decided to purchase it anyway and then pick it up at the store at a later date since the salesman assured me it would be there either on Wednesday or, "at the latest," on Friday.

Today, Tuesday, out of simple curiosity, I checked my Adorama account online to see the status or my order.  To my surprise it had been canceled with no reason given.  After first chatting online with a rep who ultimately told me she couldn't help me and that I would have to call the store I wasted another half hour with a customer service rep who finally told me I would have to speak directly to the salesman with whom I'd placed the order to find out exactly why it had been canceled but that that salesman wasn't available just then because he was waiting on other customers.  When the salesman finally called me back some time later it turned out he had stupidly canceled the order in error.

The bottom line was that Adorama never contacted me to tell me that my order had been canceled.  If I hadn't bothered to check my account I would still be waiting to have my order filled.  It simply isn't fair to treat customers in such a cavalier manner and I've made up my mind never to do business with Adorama again.  I'm only posting this now to give fair warning to my readers.  Caveat emptor.

No comments:

Post a Comment