Sunday, March 19, 2023

Synthography

 

I've recently come across a new term in the rapidly changing world of AI-generated art.  According to the brief definition in Wikipedia, synthography is "the method of generating digital media synthetically using machine learning."  Since this pretty much describes the process I've been using in such apps as Stable Diffusion, DALL-E 2, and Lexica in authoring AI-generated images through the use of text prompts, I've taken the username nyc-synthographer on Tumblr and nyc_synthographer on Instagram.  I've only joined both those sites recently and up to now have been content with posting examples of my traditional photography as I find my way around.  In the near future, however, I intend to use the two sites as forums for the publication of my AI-generated images.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment