Friday, June 24, 2022

Meike Announces MFT 8mm Wide Angle Lens


It seems that every week I report on a new MFT lens from Meike.  This time around it's an 8mm f2.8 wide angle model with a minimum focusing distance of .25m.  The price shown on Meike's website, $399.99, is substantially higher than the other lenses I've noted in the past month, but it's impossible to tell if that is an indication of higher quality.  One will have to wait for the reviews to come in to determine that, but personally I'm suspicious of any company that rolls out photo equipment at the pace Meike has maintained.  How is it possible to have quality control when lenses are released so quickly one after another?

Even as I drafted the above post, Meike announced yet another new lens, this one an 85mm f1.8 STM for Sony full-frame E-mount cameras.  As a result, I don't think I'll be posting on any more Meike releases.  The rate at which the company has been throwing new lenses into the marketplace and at such low cost has given me too much cause for concern.  Perhaps I'm being unfair, but I'm fairly sure I would never now consider buying a Meike lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment