Thursday, June 30, 2022

"Unsqueezing" Anamorphic Video

I wanted to try shooting anamorphic video using the Surui 50mm lens on my Panasonic Lumix G9 but wasn't sure how to go about "unsqueezing" the video once it had been shot.  Luckily, I found an excellent Momentum Productions You Tube tutorial that explained the process very well.  What made it even easier was that the narrator was not only using the same Surui lens but also Topaz Labs' Video Enhance, an app I acquired on sale in December and have only begun using recently.  After having shot a few test videos using the 128GB cards I mentioned in yesterday's post, I tried using the procedure outlined in the tutorial and found it worked perfectly.  As a result, I'd definitely recommend the tutorial to anyone planning to shoot anamorphic video.

No comments:

Post a Comment